- All move-in and move-out of exhibits must be done only through designated loading docks, freight doors, and freight elevators. The main lobbies, escalators and passenger elevators are not to be used for this purpose. Exhibitors should verify show security arrangements and times for move-in and move-out with Show Management.
- Parking at the loading docks, the third level ramp, except for loading and unloading, is prohibited. Parking, loading and unloading on Avenida de las Americas in front of the building, is strictly prohibited. Vehicles in violation of this policy will be towed at owner’s expense.
- All food, alcohol, non-alcoholic beverages, and concessions are operated and controlled exclusively by the George R. Brown Convention Center. Exhibitors must contact Levy for all sampling and catering requests at 713-853-8150. Levy will provide all necessary information and required forms.
- All decorations, signs, banners, may not be taped, nailed, or otherwise attached to any ceiling, window, painted surface, or wall of the facility. Both the Show Manager and the Convention Service Manager must approve the location and method of installation of any special decorations or signs. The use of helium and helium balloons is prohibited in the facility. Adhesive-backed decals are not permitted to be distributed or used inside the facility, or in the immediate vicinity.
- Only facility electricians, plumbers, telephone technicians, and engineers may access the utility floor pockets. Exhibitors are not permitted to use water from restroom faucets or janitorial closets for exhibit purposes. To order any of these services, please contact Smart City at 713-853-8900 or click here.
- Fire Prevention Permits are required for vehicles on display, cooking, tents, and multilevel booths; for more information please contact Show Management or the GRB Convention Services Department.
- In addition to Fire Prevention Permits, the Houston Fire Code requires any vehicle displayed inside the facility must have the battery cables disconnected. The gas tank must also be taped shut or have a lockable gas cap, and may contain no more than ¼ tank of fuel before entering the GRB. All exhibit vehicle keys must be in the possession of the Show Manager in case of emergency.
- All exit doors must have 10’ clearance. All display materials in the booth must be fire proof. The use of hay for display purposes is strictly prohibited. All other Houston Fire Code regulations must be adhered to.
- No animals or pets are permitted in the facility except as an approved exhibit, activity or performance requiring the use of animals. Service animals are permitted.
Please note: These are Exhibitor Guidelines only. The George R. Brown Convention Center has the right to alter and/or amend these guidelines at any time. Please refer to the GRB Rules & Regulations for the complete guidelines of the GRB.
Click here to download the Exhibitor Guidelines